Upgrade. If you're looking to replace your factory yellowish incandescent bulbs and improve your visibility at night, you've probably found many options for LED upgrades. Most bulbs on the market are too big to install, don't work with the electrical system, and have no focus or hotspot in the beam pattern. Even if they come close on those aspects, they still aren't anything close to the quality you would find with factory-installed lighting. Like most aftermarket products, most LED bulbs are not engineered and tested for long-term reliability.
With the SLF LED, Diode Dynamics set out to engineer a true OEM-grade solution. With its compact size, optically correct output and boost-mode electrical circuit, the SLF LED is a properly-engineered solution that finally provides a true upgrade in performance, with high reliability: and it's tested and validated to meet those standards, just like OEM lighting.
Street Legal Output. Don't be fooled by high lumen numbers. Your vehicle's fog lights are designed to focus light. If the light source in the housing is out of focus, it doesn't matter how bright it is. You won't have a focused hotspot of light to shine down the road, you'll just have more glare. To correct this, the SLF LED bulb was engineered with advanced optical design software, which simulates each ray of light in a process known as ray tracing. Using this tool, our engineers perfectly matched the filament location, allowing the SLF LED to focus light just like your original bulb, preserving the focus and hotspot, with no added glare. It produces a functional pattern on the road, with a stronger hotspot for added distance. This is a safe, functional output, in compliance with photometric standards, which we call Street Legal.
Reliability. Every part of the the SLF LED was designed for reliability, from the custom wiring with strain reliefs and solderless terminals to the exclusive zinc castings. Each component was designed and tested, with dozens of variations of each component reviewed until we achieved the maximum performance possible. Finally, the SLF was put through its paces in our environmental testing chambers - where the bulb successfully performed through dozens of thermal cycles, from -40 through 85 degrees Celsius (-40 to 185F). Whether you're in the Sahara or northern Canada, the SLF will keep performing for years, and is backed by a three year warranty.
Pure Yellow. Most white LEDs on the market are actually a blue LED chip with a yellow phosphor coating. Blue and yellow combine, and you see white light. However, many white LEDs actually illuminate in a cool white color with a hint of blue. To create yellow LEDs, many manufacturers will put yellow lenses on the outside of a bulb. Whenever any hint of blue shines through a yellow lens, the yellow and blue combine, producing more of a green color-not a good look! The Diode Dynamics SLF Yellow uses dual three-chip automotive grade high-power yellow LEDs for a true yellow output-no lens needed!
Experience. After over a decade in business, Diode Dynamics is the most trusted name in automotive LED lighting. Unlike every other LED distributor, we manufacture and engineer products ourselves in the United States, for high quality and fast time-to-market of the newest and brightest LED technologies. We pride ourselves in offering only quality LED products, that will exceed your expectations.
- H10 SLF LED Cool White Single
- Direct replacement for factory incandescent bulb
- Correct optical focus for Street Legal Output
- Plug and play, simple installation
- Engineered and manufactured in the USA
- Available in 6000K cool white and yellow
- Quantity: Two (2)
- Warranty: 3 year warranty
- Return Policy: 30-day Return with no restocking fee
- 100 percent Satisfaction Guarantee
- Replacement for any H10 bulb size, including 9005, HB3, 9005LL, 9011, 9040, H10, HIR1, 9145, PY20
- Plug and play, no modification needed
- Bulb Size: H10
- Measured Lumens: 780 (per bulb)
- Color Temp (CCT): 3000K, 6000K
- Power (watts): 8.15
- Operating Voltage: 5-16V
- Current (amps at 13.2V): .635
- Polarity: Nonpolar
- Operating Temperature: -40C to 85C (-40F to 185F)
- LED Emitter: OEM-Grade Headlamp SMD
- Connector(s): OEM-Size Plug and Play
- Driver Features: External, Waterproof, Constant Current
- Driver Dimensions: 2.19 Inch x 1.13 Inch x 0.56 Inch
- Materials: Aluminum PCB, Zinc Heatsink
- Cooling: Passive, heatsink
- Compliance Ratings: FMVSS108 Beam Pattern, SAE J575 Durability Test